Let’s talk hair today. Hair fall is a major issue everyone faces, both men and women. Yes it’s true that men are more likely to lose their hair than women, mostly due to male pattern baldness that starts from the crown. For women, hair fall starts from thinning and thinning of the hair leads to breakage and loss. If you notice your hair falling more than usual or certain small bald patches, that’s when you need to treat it!
There are certain home remedies and ingredients that help reduce and control hair fall as well as improve the texture of the hair. Today, I will share with you how I improved my hair situation. My hair is naturally very thin and fine. About 2 years ago I noticed my hair falling out uncontrollably and no matter what I did, the hair fall wouldn’t stop. I used a number of serums and treatments, medicines and supplements as well. Changed my diet completely. Tried almost every possible shampoo that claimed to reduce hair fall but nothing seemed to work! Having thin hair already, I was really worried and scared at that point since every time I would run my fingers through or brush my hair out, the amount of hair that fell out was heartbreaking! I did my health checkups and there wasn’t anything wrong thank god! ,I never color treated my hair or got any sort of blowouts or treatments done but even then the way my hair was falling out got me super tensed. So yeah, that’s when i started my reasearch on home remedies and again tried everything I could but always avoided this particular one because I thought it was all plain nonsense but was I wrong! Ready to know what that one ingredient is that changed my dead hair and brought back life to it?……ONION !!
Yup, the stinky and eye watering onion that I avoided thinking it was a joke actually was all what was needed for my hair and surprisingly has been working as a charm on so many people! Let me tell you why onion is the magical hair treatment.
Benefits of ONION :
1) Onion is extremely rich in sulfur. Sulfur is the most important mineral that helps prevent thinning and breakage of hair.
2) It improves blood circulation and provides the hair follicles with sufficient nourishment.
3) It is great source of follicle nourishment to the scalp. The stronger the hair follicle, the less hair fall.
4) They are naturally potent antioxidants, which is why they help reverse the effects of premature greying ,since it contains the enzyme catalase which is known to prevent premature greying of the hair.
5) Onion also has anti-bacterial properties, so it helps with scalp infections that might contribute to hair loss. It also treats dandruff and protects the scalp from lice.
6) Using onion on the hair adds a natural and healthy shine to the hair as well as makes the hair softer and more manageable and adds alot of volume to the hair.
7) Onions are rich in biotin , vitamin B6, vitamin C , phosphorus which are all important for stronger hair. Biotin (vitamin B7) is key to prevent dry, brittle, weak, thinning and splitting hair.
Convincing enough? I hope so. To be honest it took me a while to actually convince myself too at first and even when I first started using the treatment I wasn’t sure about it BUT after just a couple of weeks when I noticed new hair growth I was blown away! THIS STUFF ACTUALLY WORKS! Once assured, I started doing this treatment on my eyebrows as well too because yeah, I am guilty of doing stupid stuff to my brows during my teen but OH MY my brows did grow back way better than ever! Being a hard to convince person myself and also someone who wants immediate results, I can assure you this is not gonna disappoint you!
How TO USE THE ONION TREATMENT ?
* You need 1 small onion. Now, the secret ingredient is the juice of the onion. For that, take a grater and grate the onion in a bowl. Yes ,it does irritate the eyes but trust me it’s worth those tears! Once grated, using a spoon press the onion against the surface of the bowl to remove all the water from the onion. Once you have the onion water ready, you can then use it.
* Dip your finger in the water and gently massage the onion water on your scalp focusing more on the areas you notice thinning and balding. This is just a scalp treatment so be generous enough and massage gently and as best as you can to improve blood circulation in the scalp.
* If you notice a couple of strands falling out in your hand while massaging DON’T BE SCARED! the onion is NOT making the hair fall out. The massaging and finger movements pull out the already damaged hair so again RELAX
* Now, the choice is yours. You can either leave it on for a couple of hours and then wash it off or make the most out of it by leaving it overnight. Just put on a shower cap or wrap an old towel and sleep normally.
WHAT ABOUT THE SMELL?
Agreed, onion is stinky and I’m sure alot of you may be scared using it thinking about the smell it will leave on your hair. The smell goes away after a while. Nothing to worry about. Once you shampoo it out, trust me there will be no trace of onion left behind and no one will know.
HOW OFTEN TO USE THIS TREATMENT?
You can use this treatment 2 -3 times a week depending upon how often you wash your hair. You can also use it as a weekly treatment incase you don’t want to use it during the week days. For the results , use it for a couple of weeks without fail. Results can vary a person to person but don’t stop halfway through and give up!
Well, I hope this treatment helps you and I just want you to know that you shouldn’t stress out. Stress is a major reason for hair fall along with other factors too but as long as you try to be calm, relaxed and happy, naturally things start to go well. Easy to say , I know but it’s a challenge one needs to take.