It’s been a long while since my last blog. This blog is very special to me because I am collaborating with my very good friend Shakera. Shakera is such a sweetheart and an amazing girl. She is a youtuber and makes videos on makeup tutorials, reviews, collabs and alot more! We knew we wanted to collab ever since we became friends and ah this is beyond exciting and different. Shakera has done a video where she tries on this amazing face mask and you can see her first impression and review about it. Trust me ,you’ll fall in love with her personality so make sure you are subscribed to her channel and also follow her on Instagram.
Okay now, let’s get on with the mask shall we? This mask has been my absolute favorite DIY mask for years now. This is a power packed mask filled with all the great ingredients that help with glowing, problem free, acne and dull looking skin. If you suffer rom breakouts, this mask is something you should definitely try.
You will need :
* 1 teaspoon GRAM FLOUR (also known as besan)
* 1 teaspoon YOGURT
* 1/2 teaspoon TURMERIC POWDER (also known as haldi)
* 1/2 teaspoon HONEY
* few drops of LEMON JUICE (optional)
Mix all these ingredients well in a bowl . The consistency as you can see above,shouldn’t be very runny nor very dry. Refer points below for consistency tips. Apply the mask on your clean dry face avoiding your lips and eyes. You can apply using a brush or even your fingertips. Start from a thin layer and you can build it up to a thicker mask. Let the mask sit on your face for a minimum 20 minutes. You can even apply this on your neck as well for an even glow. Wash with lukewarm water and while washing it off, make sure you rub it off in circular motion as a scrub as this mask also exfoliates the skin ever so gently. Pat dry. Tone and moisturize your skin.
You will notice your skin will be extremely smooth and soft to touch. All the dead and dry skins will no longer be visible. Your skin will have a natural radiant glow. If you use this mask well for a week, (3-4 uses a week) your skin will have a major control on acne and breakouts aswell as fade away blemishes and scars.
- If you feel your mask is very runny, add 1/4 tsp of gram flour to make it thicker.
- If you feel your mask is very thick, add more honey and a couple extra drops of lemon juice to make it better.
1. Turmeric -treatment of acne due to its antiseptic and antibacterial properties which fight pimples and breakouts to provide a youthful glow to your skin. Turmeric not only helps to clear acne scars and inflammation but also reduces oil secretion by sebaceous glands. It helps reduce the signs of ageing ,wrinkles, dark circles, helps balance both dry skin as well as oily skin, reduce tan and sunburn. Turmeric adds a natural glow to the skin and gives a more youthful appearance . Turmeric has been a beauty secret ingredient in South Asian countries like India and Pakistan where they apply turmeric on a bride before her wedding to enhance the glow on her face.
2. Gram Flour – Very effective in reducing tan and treating acne. Gentle exfoliater that helps brighten the skin. It helps control extreme oily skin without making the skin very dry . Effective anti ageing treatment as well.
3. Yogurt – Reduces fine lines and wrinkles . The lactic acid helps dissolve dead skin and tighten pores. Moisturizes, treats and reduces acne, adds glow to the skin and reduces signs of ageing.
4. Honey – Honey is the most effective or any diy beauty treatment. It moisturizes the skin, treats and prevents acne, fades scars, reduces the appearance of dry skin, reduces wrinkles and fine lines. It helps reduces pores and also exfoliates.
5. Lemon juice – Lemons are rich in vitamin C and citric acid and helps brighten and lighten your skin. Fades away scars and blemishes.
As you can see, all these ingredients are extremely effective and beneficial for your skin. It helps brighten as well as treat your skin. Use it for 20 minutes a day and see the multiple benefits in just this one mask.
I know alot of people avoid turmeric fearing it would stain their skin. Yes turmeric does stain but with the other ingredients, it will not! Incase you feel your skin is still yellow, rub coconut oil all over your skin and the stain will fade away.
Do try this mask out and let me know. Also, don’t forget to check out Shakera’s video!